Apply for Sixth Form
Why apply to Trinity Sixth Form Academy?
Results for Trinity Sixth Form Academy have been consistently high over with a 99.7% pass rate and student progress and attainment scores placing the college comfortably within the top 10% of sixth forms nationally. Add that to the brand new facilities and great location close to both the bus and train stations, right in the centre of Halifax.
Trinity Sixth Form Academy is passionate about, and dedicated to, ensuring that all our students meet their full potential. In practice this means we work hard to adapt the curriculum, provide individual support and targeted interventions throughout the academic year to ensure students achieve their desired outcomes.
The academy is committed to providing an inclusive education that provides an ethos, environment and culture that is sympathetic to and understanding of the issues involved in providing a fair and appropriate education for students with special educational needs or disability. In order to achieve a fully inclusive education we aim to:
· Wherever possible educate children and young people in a mainstream setting.
· Value equally all students who attend Trinity Sixth Form Academy.
· Highlight that all teachers at Trinity Sixth Form Academy are teachers of students with special educational needs
· Differentiate so that all students have access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that meets their needs
· Take into account the views of the student.
· Work in a partnership with parents/carers in promoting a culture of co-operation. Support the work of the Local Authority and external providers so that the child’s full potential can be reached.
- We have capacity for an intake of 350 students as outlined in our current Admissions Policy (see below)
- Class sizes vary between 24 -26 but do not exceed this level
TSFA is committed to providing an ethos, environment and culture sympathetic to and understanding of the issues involved in providing a fair and appropriate education for students with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND). We believe all students, including children with SEND, should have access to a high quality education that enables them to develop as life ready learners. We are committed to ensuring that students with SEND are integrated fully into all aspects of the academy, and this should be done without stigma, prejudice or discrimination. We believe that in order to identify, assess and provide effectively for students’ SEND there should be the greatest possible degree of partnership between staff at the academy, parents or carers and other outside agencies and will have full regard to the views of the parents or carers and the child.
Places are offered first to applicants from schools within the Trinity MAT. The remaining places are then offered to other applicants on consideration of mock GCSE results/current working grades and the availability of subject places.
Students wishing to join our Sixth Form are required to achieve a minimum of five GCSEs graded at level 4 or above including English and Maths. Some courses may have additional entry requirements. More details are also available on our Courses and Entry Requirements page.
When do applications close?
Applications will close on 21 February 2021 at 12 midnight. (We may open to late applicants later on in the year, however, we advise to apply early as this is not guaranteed)
What happens after I have applied?
You will receive a follow up email with some more information regarding key dates including proposed timings for your guidance meeting (we are currently monitoring the situation and would like to hold these in person but if this is not possible you will be notified of the alternative virtual arrangements).